General housing resources for Hennepin County residents:

Financial resources for Hennepin renters and landlords:

  • Hennepin County financial assistance link:
  • For assistance in completing a financial application: see the list of Culturally Specific Grantees below:

CSG Grantee List

On behalf of Hennepin County, Community Mediation & Restorative Services, Inc. (CMRS) has awarded sub-grants (totaling $240,000) to 15 Culturally-Specific community organizations to implement the County’s efforts to do housing navigation and outreach to those constituent communities and residents. The CSG Housing Navigation and Outreach project aims to enable County residents who would otherwise have difficulties in accessing resources, to benefit from Federal CARES Covid-19 housing relief dollars. To qualify for the CARES Covid housing relief assistance, residents must have lost income as a direct impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic.  CSG sub-grantees and award amounts are listed below as:   

Power of People Leadership Institute (POP)

Richard McLemore, II 

(651) 387-1470

P.O Box 40297, Saint Paul, MN 55104

Language: English


Northwest Hennepin Family Service Collaborative (NWHFSC)

Rachel Harris 

(763) 807-3708

11200 93rd Avenue N, Maple Grove, MN 55369

Languages: English


Lao Center of Minnesota

Sunny Chanthanouvong, Executive Director 

(612) 987-2642

1015 4th Ave North, Suite 202, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55405


Hmong American Mediation Center

Nhia Vue Chu 

(651) 797-9494

C/O:1292 Park Street, Saint Paul, MN 55117

Language: English, Hmong


Isuroon Development 

Fartun Weli 

(612) 886-2731

1600 East Lake Street, Suite # 1, Minneapolis, 55407

Languages: Somali, Arabic, Swahili


New American Development Center 

Asad Aliweyd, Executive Director

(952) 212-7446

2614 Nicollet Ave South, Suite # 207, Minneapolis, MN 55408


Northside Residents Redevelopment Council (NRRC)

Martine Smaller, Executive Director 

(612) 335-5942

1303 Golden Valley Road, Minneapolis, MN 55411


Phumulani Minnesota African Women Against Violence

Comfort Dondo


12310 Singletree Lane Eden Prairie, MN 55344


The Aliveness Project

Matt Boston, Executive Director

(612) 824-5433

3808 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55409

Languages:  English, Spanish, Swahili


African Career Education & Resources, Inc. 

Nelima Sitati Munene, Executive Director


6800 78th Avenue N Suite 101, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445

Languages: English, Hmong, Somali, Swahili


Ekta Prakash, CEO
5930 Brooklyn Blvd., Brooklyn Center, MN 55429
Contact Dawn Wambeke:  612.767.3676
CAPI Main:  612.767.1991

Languages:  English, Hmong, Spanish, Hindi, Nepali, Macedonian, Somali, Vietnamese, Amharic, French, Laotian, Thai, Laotian 


The Anika Foundation

Anika Robbins


3900 Thomas Avenue North

Minneapolis, MN 55412


Organization of Liberians in Minnesota (OLM)

Kamaty Diahn, Executive Director

(763) 208-5739

7001 78th Ave N STE 200, Minneapolis, MN 55445


Sakan Center

Johanna Osman Executive Director

(612) 454-9844

Sakan Community Resource

8201 Park Avenue S, Bloomington, MN 55420 


Ummah Project

Saciido Shaie, Director


1806 Riverside Ave, Suite #3 Minneapolis, MN 55454

Language: Somali, English

For more information contact

Legal Assistance/Explanations for Housing Help:

Not seeing the answer to your question? Try: